Date:   Tue, 21 Aug 2018 14:14:44 +0200
From:   Lukas Czerner <lczerner@...hat.com>
To:     linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: e2fsprogs: How to get rid of the ext2_types.h

Hi all,

I'd like to get rid of the ext2_types.h at least on systems where we do
not actually need it, but I am not really certain how to go about it
here are some questions.

The reason why I want to get rid of it is that the API should be
platform independent (it is not in this case). And it is causing us to
use some hacking in the spec file if we want to building a package for
multilib systems.

First of all let me ask why should we be using those __u.. __s.. types
when we could be using types from stdint.h the fact is that we're
already including it in the ext2_types.h anyway and no one seems to be
complaining.

Moreover at least on linux we do have linux/types.h, unfortunatelly
we're not consistent about using it in e2fsprogs so even on linux
we're defining types in ext2_types.h which seems messy.

So if replacing the special types with stdint.h types is not possible
(why?) we could at least use linux/types.h on linux and get rid of the
arch dependent code.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks!
-Lukas