Date:   Wed, 6 Sep 2017 11:58:19 -0400
From:   Ruoxin Jiang <rj2394@...umbia.edu>
To:     linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Cc:     Suman Jana <sumanj@...il.com>
Subject: Ext4 Bug Report

Hello,

We are researchers from Columbia University, New York. As part of our
current research we have found some semantic discrepancies between
ext4 and the POSIX specification/other popular filesystems.

We have attached two cases. The first one involves a direct access
read starting from file EOF. Ext4 behavior in this case seems to
violate the POSIX standard. In directory 2, we discovered that ext4
and other popular filesystems (xfs/btrfs/f2fs) return different error
codes for the same lseek syscall.

In each directory, you will find a Readme describing the issue and
pointing to the code that may cause the problem. For your convenience,
we also included test programs (min.cpp) and instructions in Readme to
help reproduce the issues.

We would appreciate very much if you could confirm the
two cases at your conveniences.

Thanks,
Amy

Download attachment "ext4_issues.tar.gz" of type "application/x-gzip" (2461 bytes)