Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 17:07:03 -0400
From: David Mirza <dma@...graph.com>
To: webappsec@...appsec.org, pen-test@...urityfocus.com,
  webappsec@...urityfocus.com, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Vega beta release: a new open-source web-application security assessment
 platform

Hey,

We've been quietly working for the last few months on a new platform for
scanning and pen-testing web applications. It's called Vega. It's
GUI-based, open source, and includes an automated scanner and
intercepting proxy. We launched the beta today at FISL12.

Vega is written in Java, based on Eclipse RCP, and runs nicely on OS X,
Linux, and Windows.

Vega is also really extensible: there's an embedded Javascript
interpreter for writing custom modules. The rich API is documented on
our Trac wiki. Nearly all of the vulnerability checks are Javascript
modules, and it's very easy to write new ones.

Vega is developed by Subgraph in Montreal and is licensed under the EPL
1.0.

Download Vega 1.0 Beta at http://www.subgraph.com. You can find us in
#subgraph on freenode.

Looking forward to hearing beta feedback.

--
David Mirza <dma@...graph.com>
Subgraph

E73B E35A 0D3A FC28 E5A9  5266 21EB 2FBC 1C84 0AA5