Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:36:12 +0200
From: "Eli K." <elik@...ondsecurity.com>
To: <sunglasses@...-watch.com>, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Windows XP explorer.exe heap overflow.

I have tried to verify this issue with a malformed EMF file. Either I didn't
understand something or the vulnerability doesn't exist.

Here's what I did:

I took a sample EMF file and modified it's Size field (offset 0030h) to some
smaller value such as 0020h. The reported header size (offset 04h)
was 0000006Ch. I've experimented with the values a little but to no avail.

Windows XP seems to be immune to this. I didn't see any point on trying
a different OS (such as Win2K).

Maybe the poster to the list can provide some details or a malformed
EMF file so we could verify the issue ?

Eli