Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:36:06 -0700
From: Dragos Ruiu <dr@....net>
To: "Nick Fisher" <bugtraq@...kdafish.com>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, Mike Zupan <mzupan@...o.com>
Subject: Re: Ruh-Roh SOBIG.G?

On September 25, 2003 08:32 am, Mike Zupan wrote:
> I don't know if its just me but why add to the problem. Don't REJECT it
> just DISCARD it. I've got more bounced mail coming from email that is
> getting spoofed that mailservers are rejected then the actuall virus
> itself. I set up a discard and already discarded 550 emails.

Well SOBIG's mail relay is hardly well behaved.  I thought REJECT was more
appropriate. SOBIG won't send bounces on REJECT, and that way other people
who get caught by this will get some diagnostic (since it is the sender relay
that sends the bounce).

BTW I've put a copy of my received samples and analysis files at
http://dragos.com/sobig.tgz

cheers,
--dr

--